Do you know someone who is at risk for a heroin/opioid overdose?
The Overdose Prevention Act now allows doctors the ability to prescribe the opiate antidote Narcan® (naloxone) to those in a position to help someone else during an overdose of heroin or other opioids. The law also eliminates civil and criminal liability to anyone who administers naloxone.
Free trainings and education on how to administer naloxone to reverse a heroin/opioid overdose will be provided in Camden County. Participants who successfully complete the training will receive a free naloxone kit.
All trainings will be provided by credentialed addiction counselors and licensed nurses in a small, confidential setting to allow participants to receive “hands on” training. Trainings will be limited to 20 participants on a pre-registration basis and are open to the public. TO REGISTER, CALL URBAN TREATMENT ASSOCIATES, INC AT (856) 225-0505
- Addiction education and treatment options
- Overdose prevention techniques
- Signs and symptoms of overdose
- Steps to take when an overdose occurs
- Rescue breathing
- How to administer naloxone, self-help, family support, and other important resource information
All trainings sessions are from 6 pm – 8 pm. Information regarding treatment options will be available at the trainings.
Tuesday, December 1
Genesis Counseling Center, Virtua Health Building
100 Atlantic Avenue, 5th Floor
Monday, December 7
Project Save, Gloucester Twp
Gloucester Twp Senior Community Ctr.
1261 Chews Landing Road
Laurel Springs, NJ
Tuesday, December 9
Living Proof Recovery Center – CFFS Services
108 Somerdale Road
Tuesday, December 15
Oaklyn Municipal Alliance – Youth Services
Oaklyn Public School
136 Kendall Blvd
Oaklyn, NJ 08107
Tuesday, December 22
Living Proof Recovery Center
Center for Family Services
108 Somerdale Road
Voorhees, NJ 08043
A special thank you to our hosts and supporters:
Made possible by funding received from the New Jersey Department of Human Services, Division of Mental Health and Addiction Services.
- Camden County Addiction Awareness Task Force
- Camden County Department of Health & Human Services
- Genesis Counseling Center
- Gloucester Twp Police Department
- Center for Family Services – Living Proof Recovery Center
- Oaklyn Municipal Alliance
- Project SAVE
- Gloucester Twp