Do you know someone who is at risk for a heroin/opioid overdose?
The Overdose Prevention Act now allows doctors the ability to prescribe the opiate antidote Narcan® (naloxone) to those in a position to help someone else during an overdose of heroin or other opioids. The law also eliminates civil and criminal liability to anyone who administers naloxone.
Free trainings and education on how to administer naloxone to reverse a heroin/opioid overdose will be provided in Camden County. Participants who successfully complete the training will receive a free naloxone kit.
All trainings will be provided by credentialed addiction counselors and licensed nurses in a small, confidential setting to allow participants to receive “hands on” training. Trainings will be limited to 20 participants on a pre-registration basis and are open to the public. TO REGISTER, CALL URBAN TREATMENT ASSOCIATES, INC AT (856) 225-0505
- Addiction education and treatment options
- Overdose prevention techniques
- Signs and symptoms of overdose
- Steps to take when an overdose occurs
- Rescue breathing
- How to administer naloxone, self-help, family support, and other important resource information
All trainings sessions are from 6 pm – 8 pm. Information regarding treatment options will be available at the trainings.
Tuesday, October 13, 2015
St. Charles Borromeo Roman Parish
176 Stagecoach Road,
Sicklerville, NJ 08081
Wednesday October 21, 2015
A Program of Seabrook House
1930 Marlton Pike East (Route 70),
Cherry Hill, NJ 08003-2150
Wednesday, October 28, 2015
Winslow Municipal Alliance
Edward “Bud” Duble Center
33 Cooper Folly Road,
Winslow Township, NJ 08095
A special thank you to our hosts and supporters:
Made possible by funding received from the New Jersey Department of Human Services, Division of Mental Health and Addiction Services.
- Camden County Board of Freeholders Addiction Awareness Task Force
- Center for Family Services Living Proof Recovery Center
- Winslow Municipal Alliance
- St. Charles Borromeo Parish
- Seabrook House’s Project Share